Instagram

Thursday, December 15, 2011

5th Grade Claymation

A basement.
A caveman's home.
Really nice city sidewalk set.
A cave woman and an evil bunny!


A minion!
It's high time for a claymation update! I usually start my claymation project about this time of the year, but we're just a few classes from being finished with it this year. I'm very excited to have my first ever student teacher coming in at the beginning of January, so I moved claymation up to an earlier slot in order to accommodate the change of schedule a little better.


What you see above are several sets and characters from the upcoming claymation. 5th grade students are working on making four commercials this year for their project. Each of my four classes breaks up into smaller groups to complete all of the tasks that are necessary for creating a stop motion animation. The groups include writers/storyboard artists, set designers, and character designers. It allows each student to join a group in which they will be most successful. We have just begun filming this week and I'm excited to see the finished animation. I'll post that with full lesson plans when the project is finished.

4 comments:

Hannah- Art.Paper.Scissors.Glue! said...

I'm starting my first claymation project next week! I'm so excited! : )

Zach Stoller said...

It's a great project, Hannah, but it takes a LONG time the way I do it. My students love it, though. Let me know when you've finished. I'd love to see what other schools are doing!

Hannah- Art.Paper.Scissors.Glue! said...

Oh! By the way, what are you using to edit the video? Movie Maker?

Zach Stoller said...

I use iMovie for all of the editing. I import all of the still photos into folders in iPhoto first.